work (plural works)
- (uncountable) Labour, employment, occupation, job.
- I go to work everyday.
- (uncountable) Effort expended on a particular task.
- Holding a brick over your head is hard work.
- It took a lot of work to make this Wiktionary entry of the word "work"
- (uncountable) (physics) A measure of energy expended in moving an object; most commonly, force*distance. No work is done if the object does not move.
- Work is done against friction to drag a bag along the ground.
- (uncountable) (Thermodynamics) A nonthermal First Law energy in transit between one form or repository and another. Also, a means of accomplishing such transit .
- (countable) A literary, artistic, or intellectual production.
- It is a work of art.
- (countable) A person of importance.
- You are a piece of work.
- (uncountable) The place where one is employed.
- He hasnâ€™t come home yet, heâ€™s still at work.
- (countable) A fortification.
4 letters in word "work": K O R W.
No anagrams for work found in this word list.
Words found within work: